Beginners are welcome to go around individually, in pairs or in a larger family group. From an entries perspective, pairs / group are treated as a single runner – it’s one entry, you get one map, one timing chip (“dibber”) and one finish time listed in the Results. We charge per “entry” not per person.
Using SI Entries is only a little bit more complicated than signing up to a shopping website:
- in the first instance, one adult family member registers and creates an account
- details of each separate individual or group are then added / saved for use when you enter specific events
To enter a given event:
- if you are not already logged in, log into the account
- pick the event from the list
- you can do all your entries in one go :
- – select the individual or group you want to enter
- – pick their course and start-time
- when all the entries are made, pay securely
And there are a few phrases that are used that may be unfamiliar. So here’s a blow-by-blow guide. Many of you will be fine just going through it, perhaps using this page for reference.
Creating an Account
An adult (over 18) needs to set up the account. The first screen is absolutely standard, with the usual security checks including Captcha:
Then there’s a screen to register the account holder. It’s the same screen that will be used later to add additional family members
You can be a little bit creative here: If you’re entering as a family group, using one map and one timing chip, First Name “Family” works. You will then appear in the results as e.g. “Family Smith”. Or First Name “Jo + Mum”.
Entering a specific event
Select the event from either the SI Entries Events List or click through from the event page on our website.
There are 2 screens to enter each person, one very short:
This is pretty standard, with the usual checks your card issuer insists on.
If you have any questions, no matter how trivial they sound, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you enjoy our event!